Thursday, September 29, 2011

Spay/Neuter Raffle Winner's Thank You

To whom it may concern: I am sending you a huge belated thank you! Sorry I am so late in sending this message but summertime in the country means a ton of work!  Mother Nature has not been on my side this summer due to a great deal of rain in the latter months and a tornado that took our community by surprise on September 1.  So much extra work to do.  I am sending you all this thank you for the draw you had for a spay or neuter gift certificate.  I feel very blessed that the winner donated me the gift certificate.  After they heard my story they felt obliged to donate it to me.

I already have a house full of furry, feathered and scaly children. Numerous people know I am a true lover of all animals great and small and someone probably picked our house to drop off a very young mommy kitty along with her six precious little bundles of joy.  I have been so blessed to have taken care of them for the last few months but I could not keep them all.  I so wanted to, but could not afford to pay all the costs for taking the necessary means of keeping that many kitty kats..  My daughter and I found loving homes for five kittens.  I gave them away to families who swore to have them fixed and to agree to not let them outside.  There is way too many wild cats, coyotes and foxes in the country.  Anyway the gift certificate was used on July 19, 2011 to spay my sweet young mommy kitty.  She is our newest addition to our family, along with her last kitten.  Soon it will be little one's turn for a spay!  It has been such a wonderful summer watching them all grow up.  I just pray this never happens again as it truly broke my heart  when I had to give them away.  All my life I have been taught to love and appreciate all animals and most importantly, have them spayed or neutered.  We all know the reality is, " not everyone feels this way", sad but true.  I unfortunately lost my mom, dad and closest aunt a few years ago in a very short time.  My animals are my life, they are what makes me want to get up every morning to face another day!!
Thank you again Upper Credit Humane Society for the spay/neuter draw, thank you to the donor for the gift certificate and thank you mom and dad for showing me how much we need animals and how much they need us in each others lives!!!
Over the last few years we have been donating numerous items to the Thrift Store in Georgetown after losing my parents, and will continue to do so.  I still have a lot of items that we will donate to the store.  Over time people have told me to sell the items on ebay or garage sales.  We always say, "No, we would rather the animals get the money", because we know that all of our donations have been put to a great cause!!  I guess the old saying,  "What comes around goes around is so very true", ha,ha!  Keep up the fantastic work you are doing for all the animals Upper Credit!

Sincerely,

Mrs Sutton H.

No comments:

Post a Comment